Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Visit With Old Friends

The past couple week's I have been on an extended visit with some old friends, my favorite music from before Danny and I hooked up and when Danny and I were hooking up. I was really into Linkin Park, P-Roach, Incubus, Staind, POD, Beck, Adema, Puddle of Mudd, RadioHead, Blink...........just to name a few. As you can see I was a Alternative Rock Junkie and I lived for discovering new sounds, going to EVERY concert and beating Danny at the, "Who Sings This Song" game. The music of that era was just so damn good. So many bands to befriend with such a variety of sounds. I loved it!!!

Our visit has been filled with very fond memories that I treasure and can relive so vividly by listening to the music of that time. The only bad thing about visiting my old friends is that I have a deep longing to be wild and young again............like I was at that time and well that really doesn't fit well with our new lifestyle. I really don't think my son would appreciate Mommy and Daddy partying until 2 AM and attending concerts. Although knowing Landon he would probably join us, the boy loves his music.

My favorite movie, Almost Famous says it best..........."Whenever I'M feeling lonely I just go to the record store and visit my friends!"

No comments: