Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vintage or Classic?

Now that I am in my thirties......gross! I often find myself gazing into the mirror, eyes puffy from a restless nights sleep, a few gray hairs making every effort to invade my newly done hair and I think to myself where has the time gone?

How did all these years whiz by me?

How am I this age when I was just living on the wild-side barely twenty?

My youth, my vibrant quest to conquer all of life ambitions, gone in the blink of an eye. I remember being young and a year took forever, now it's ending before I even realize it began. Life is filled with one responsibility after another and sadly I often forget to STOP, BREATH and reflect.

Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who indulges me often with free time. Time to escape reality and consume myself with things that constitute IMMATURITY, stuff that makes me connect with my youthful side. Twilight, Harry Potter, Music, Books and the mindless escapes of all things pop-culture. I need these indulgences to escape the reality that is endless responsibilities and work. I need these to feel youthful.

I was once told by a "younger" co-worker, "I love talking with you because I feel like I am talking to my younger sister" Who by the way was 16 or 17 years old - Hahahah! Was I offended - Heck No!

Is it so wrong that my biggest fan on Facebook is a my 18 year old cousins girlfriend? No, although HUBS frequently asks me, "HOW OLD ARE YOU?" Whooahahahahah!

In honor of my youthfulness I am declaring the song "What's My Age Again?" by Blink 182 (one of my most treasured, favorite bands of all time) my ANTHEM.


"No one should take themselves so seriously
With many (Ok, a few) years ahead to fall in line
Why would you wish that on me
I never want to act my age
What's my age again?
What's my age again?"

1 comment:

sdheather said...

I love this post Michelle. I get so caught up with everyday life. I forget to STOP, BREATH and reflect. Boy do I need to take your advice right now. I'm being told by my husband right now that I'm controlling and a nag. I don't want to be this way and I'm feeling very sad. I guess it's because I get so caught up and forget to STOP, BREATH and reflect. Maybe I should try being young again myself. Love ya! Have a great weekend!