Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ode to My Favoirte Aunt

Auntie Kathy
My favorite Uncle, Auntie Kathy with Landon

My favorite Aunt is my Mom's little sister, Kathleen. She's FABULOUS and since she was really young when I was born we grew up together and she has taught me many cool things, like how to ride a horse, how to swim and go off the rope swing at our river, how to play basketball (we played for the same high school and coach). She defiantly is a role model in my life.

The day I was born, my Aunt got beat-up by some tough girls at her school, she never neglects to remind me of that. She also reminds me that when she changed my diapers she poked herself several times so as not to poke me. What an awesome Aunt, I feel the love.

She rocked Hollywood for a few years after graduating from high school. She taught me all about Hollywood, The Whiskey and The Rainbow Room. She introduced me to bands like; Poison, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue and Skid Row......just to name a few.

My Aunt is a beautiful sole who posses an unique individuality. She lives life to the fullest by her own rules. She taught me that it's OK to be different from the rest of the crowd and she is a strong believer in GIRL POWER (as is my Mother, Grandmother and Sisters - our poor husbands). When you are around her you feel like you can do anything.

I love when we get together because it's always a great time. One Christmas Eve, we danced all night to Velvet Revolver, while sipping tasty cocktails. It was so fun!! The next day was tragic as neither one of us could get out of bed. We both got a big scolding from Grandpa, as he didn't think we were being "good girls" but it was fun and as long as we both were in trouble, it was OK.
My Aunt is unbelievable with Landon. She loves him more than words can say. He's her DAIREE and the two are buddies. She plays wildly with him and he loves it. As is with all my family, I am forever grateful for what they will show and teach my son but my Aunt and Landon are free spirits thus sharing something very special.
My Aunt Rocks and I adore and love her to pieces. She's coming soon for a visit and we are going to have a GREAT time.

No comments: