Friday, June 6, 2008

Can Turds Really Be That Cute?

Last night a remarkable event occurred in our household, Landon did #2 in the toilet!! Whoo Hoo! I don’t think Danny and I have been so excited in the past couple weeks. We were reading books and all of a sudden he told me he had to go potty and so I took him and his BOOK to the bathroom and sat him down. He politely asked me to leave and shut the door….omg…. he’s his father’s son, reading on the toilet. He was in there for a good 10 minutes and then all of a sudden he calls for help and whola! We looked in the toilet and there lied a little turd floating in the water. I’ve never seen a cuter turd in my life! We cheered, clapped and hollered at the excitement of him doing #2 in the potty and he felt like the biggest, smartest boy on the block……sigh…..he’s getting so big!

Last week, I neglected to report on the daycare progress because……well…….. it kinda has been the same. We drive up to the school, Landon notices he’s about to be left to play with all his friends and learn at a wonderful new school and he begins to whine and as we get out of the car and walk up the walk-way to the school his hold on me becomes tighter and tighter, cutting off my circulation and then his eyes fall upon his teacher and he begins to gnash his teeth, crawl up my legs and howl (at the moon) with tears of pure sadness. How dare his Mommy do this to him, she’s such a mean foul woman, j/k.

This week was a little better for everyone!! Fewer tears and no gnashing of teeth! Next week should prove very adventurous because we start daycare FULL TIME, no monkey business now!

No comments: