Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Magical Place - Part One

The other day, I wrote that it had snowed. I probably should clarify that it snowed in the HIGH mountains and not where I live. While snowing in the mountains, it rained in my neck of the woods, which only means that snow is on it's way! See the snow, it's so pretty. This is a definite sign that I need to get out the gloves, jackets and beanies.
I would like to introduce you to my friend, The Ambassador of the Magical Place! I found him on the side of the road, across the street from our B&B. As you can see he's patiently waiting to cross the street, to see me and give me a big smooch! Never fear, HUBS was near.

Isn't he handsome? I'll confess now that I have a "thing" for Elk. I love watching them graze in an open meadow or prance across the golf course. If you visit RMNP/Estes in late September, you can see these Big Guy's and their heiram of Lady Elk. It's too cool. I love the Magical Place!

Cheese! The Ambassador smiles for a couple other menacing photogs. I like to keep my distance. Although very majestic and seemingly harmless, I am a little intimidated by the Big Guy! My first visit to RMNP was with my Crazy Mother. We were hiking through this meadow and stumbled upon a herd of Lady Elk (Cows). My Mother brazenly suggested that I move closer to the herd to get a good shot (I told you she was crazy). I didn't move towards the herd because one "Crazy Elk" decided to walk within feet of me; turned said "cheese" to my Mom and pranced off the path. It was scary and amazing! That is the day I feel in love with these guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow already! I swear it just became summer... *cries*

Weeksie50 said...

Beautiful!

Weeksie50 said...

One Tree Hill is my favorite..
I am not liking the Nanny Stuff though.. That girl is nuts.