Monday, January 26, 2009

The Perils of the Cold Weather


While on vacay in California's best city, we had a "family day." We spent a wonderful afternoon soaking up the Cali rays with our dear, dear pals the Reifers. The day was gorgeous! How can anyone deny that this weather isn't the best on the planet! You can't, it's undeniable. Just look at the blue, blue sky - so inviting. It screams, "Come Live Here!"


It's days like today; when the weather is freezing, the wind stings your face, snowing and basically miserable that I long for a warmer place - the Beach!

Hello, Beach!
Hello soft beautiful sand!
Hello bright beautiful sunshine!


I can easily see myself relaxing in the sand, enjoying the sun; while HUBS and Landon frolic about in the deep blue sea! It is day dreams such as these that make me tolerate the nasty weather we had this weekend and are having today.


On a random side note; I finished the book Eclipse, the third book of the Twilight series. I am embarrassed to confess, that I went on another psychotic reading bender and finished the book in a 24-hour time period.


"Sucker was Good!"


I loved how the book went into Rosalie and Jasper's stories. Jasper is definitely one of my fav character's besides the obvious favorites. I was slightly disappointed in Jacobs "cocky" behavior. His smugness, on more than one occasion, made me want to throw the book across the room but I refrained!
The whole Jacob/Bella are we friends, lovers - was slightly annoying to me as well, but, HAHAHAHAH - I knew Edward would be crowned the winner in the end!!! Another great book, love it.


Unfortunately, my sister took the fourth book on her vacation, DARN IT and now I am going to have to wait until she returns to start the book and well that's making me slightly cranky! Heheheheh! I am so obsessed, but so are a-million others who read the books. It makes me at ease that I am not alone in my madness!

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

i LOVE the beach too!

i'm JUST starting TWILIGHT!

wish me luck!

xo

Maria said...

San Diego misses you too, and is always here waiting for you with open arms!